The Terms and conditions contained on this page is a part of an agreement between Greenmax Power Pty Ltd ABN 13 629 868 908 and the customer named on this Quote/contract.
The term ‘Greenmax Power Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to Greenmax Power Pty Ltd, ABN: 13 629 868 908 and the customer named on this Quote/contract as “you” or “your”.
This agreement starts when you accept our offer set out in this quote, which you can do by accepting the offer over the telephone; accepting the offer by sending an email or signing, scanning and sending the quote to our address by post or by email. You may also require to pay the deposit amount to make your purchase final.
- You Warrant That You:
- Are at least 18 years of age;
- Are either a registered property owner or you have been authorized by all registered owners to enter into this agreement;
- Have read and accepts to and acknowledge the provisions of this agreement.
- Payments under this agreement can be made by bank cheque, money order, cash, debit card, credit card or by direct deposit.
- Required deposit must be paid in full at the same time as you accept our offer;
- You must pay Greenmax Power Pty Ltd the balance at the same time we delivers the system to your premises.
- If you fail to pay outstanding amount in full, admin fees plus outstanding payment shall accrue until these payments received from you. Late payments may incur Admin charges of $350 plus penalty interest.
This agreement ends for any of the following reasons before we install a system at your premises and we will refund all of the money you have paid under this agreement:
- Within 10 business days after accepting this agreement.
- If we haven’t delivered and installed the system at your property within 6 weeks after the target date;
- If the price increase notice is given and you chose to end the agreement rather than accepts the price increase; and
- If the distributor refuses the grid connection application.
- Call out Fees:
A Call out fee of $250 will apply if you cancel the agreement on the day of Solar PV installation without giving us the cancellation notice within 10 days after accepting this agreement.
- Price Changes:
If it is reasonable to do so and are not prohibited by law from doing so; In effect of the price increase of the system or any part of it, the installation of the system, STC value increase or decrease and any item mentioned in this quote Greenmax Power Pty Ltd will notify you about this price changes to cover the cost by information provided by you in this quotation.
- Grid Connection Approval:
Greenmax Power Pty Ltd will apply for grid connection approval on your behalf as soon as we receive required information from you. This agreement is subject to grid connection approval being granted.
- Delivery and Installation:
Greenmax Power Pty Ltd will make every reasonable effort to ensure that your System is delivered and installed on the agreed date provided.
- Acceptance of condition 1
- You agree that the agreed date is only a target date and not a strict deadline and Greenmax Power Pty Ltd will not be liable to you if we fail to deliver and install the System at the Installation Address by the agreed date.
- Subject to the provisions in this Agreement you may indicate your preference as to the location of the solar panels and inverter but you must do as soon as possible before the commencement of any work.
- Installation is to take place in accordance with the design and specification provided by Greenmax Power Pty Ltd unless circumstances that could not have been reasonably anticipated by Greenmax Power Pty Ltd require a new design or specification which may result in a change in the Price. You or your representative must be present at the Premises for any site inspection and for the delivery and installation of the System.
- Site Access:
You grant us permission, sufficient access or possession of the site as is necessary to complete site inspections, delivery and the installation of the goods. Any failure to provide access or impede that access, such that the Solar PV installation work cannot be conducted by us may result delay in system installation and incur additional cost to you.
- Building Defects:
- You warrant that the building or location at the Installation Address is safe, free from defects including asbestos-free and fit for the purpose of installing the Solar PV System.
- You acknowledge that Greenmax Power Pty Ltd is not responsible for any damage to the System or your building howsoever so caused as a consequence of a defect or deficiency in your building or part of there.
- Greenmax Power Pty Ltd is not responsible or liable for diminished or inadequate performance or installation if your building contains brittle roof tiles, oxidized metal roof or meter boxes or poor roof supports.
- You must fix all such defects before Greenmax Power Pty Ltd arranges for the Solar PV system installation.
- Accredited Installer:
We install Solar PV system through Clean Energy Council accredited independent licenced electrician ("Installer") to ensure that your Solar PV system meets all relevant Australian Standards and industry best practice.
- STCs AND LGCs:
- You assign all rights to Greenmax Power Pty Ltd and authorise Greenmax Power Pty Ltd to create, apply and retain STCs and all financial benefits or value attributable to them.
- You acknowledge and agree that the installation portion of the Price on the Order Confirmation has been calculated on the basis that STCs will be approved by the Australian Government Clean Energy Regulator. If for any reason Greenmax Power Pty Ltd determines that the STCs are not, or will not be, available to Greenmax Power Pty Ltd as anticipated by Greenmax Power Pty Ltd when calculating the Price, then the customer must pay an additional amount to reflect the value of such benefits that are not, or will not, be available to Greenmax Power Pty Ltd.
- Greenmax Power Pty Ltd does not warrant that any or all LGCs will be available for you to receive and obtain financial benefit due to the operation of the System on the Site.
- You acknowledge and agree that any information regarding STCs and LGCs stated by Greenmax Power Pty Ltd in the Quotation, Contract or otherwise stated is accepted as a guide only and does not form any guarantee of approval or financial benefit.
- System guarantees:
13.1 Subject to clause 13.2, we guarantee:
- Our workmanship, and the workmanship of our contractors, in installing the System; and the operation and performance of the System, will be free from fault or defect for a period of 5 years commencing on the date the System is installed (Guarantee Period), and we will repair any such default or defect notified to us within the Guarantee Period, including by replacing all or part of the System where necessary, within a reasonable timeframe at no cost to you.
13.2 The guarantee in clause 13.1 will not apply where:
- The fault or defect is not notified to us within the Guarantee Period; or
- The fault or defect is a result of:
- something done by you or someone else, and not us or our contractors; or
- something beyond human control that occurred after installation, e.g., an extreme weather event;
- the System being misused, abused, neglected or damaged after installation;
- the System being maintained other than in accordance with the Maintenance Documents; or
- the System being repaired, modified, reinstalled or repositioned by anyone other than a service technician approved by us in writing.
13.3 The guarantee in clause 13.1 is additional to any other guarantee or warranty you may have:
- From the manufacturer of the System; or
- Under any applicable law, including the Australian Consumer Law,
although these other guarantees and warranties may not cover labour costs, travel costs and delivery costs arising from a claim under these other guarantees and warranties. We will notify you if this is the case, and tell you the costs payable. The costs will be payable in advance.
13.4 During the Guarantee Period, we will provide reasonable assistance to you in making any guarantee or warranty claim against the manufacturer of the System, including by acting as your liaison with the manufacturer.
- Making a Complaint:
If you have a complaint relating to the System, its installation or this agreement generally, you can make a complaint to us by: (a) calling us on our telephone number as set out in the Quote; or (b) giving us written notice of this, by post or email.
- STC Value:
STC Value is subject to change
- Net Meter:
Grid (NET) Meter to be installed by your Electricity Retailers and its price is not included in the quotation.